Free Seminar Held in Conjunction with FirstPerson Advisors
November 08, 2016
Whitinger Strategic Services and Whitinger & Company recently hosted a free seminar in conjunction with FirstPerson Advisors
The recent seminar was on critical topics in Human Resource Compliance including FLSA Overtime Changes, Update on the Affordable Care Act and Ideas for Effective Recruiting.
The Department of Labor has announced significant changes that take effect on December 1, 2016, to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) covering overtime eligibility. As an employer, it will be important to know what changes are necessary to remain compliant, as well as how to maintain your culture given these new regulations.
Attendees also received an update on recent developments with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) including activities by insurance providers, health care exchanges, and rates. The third area that was covered was contemporary concepts in staff recruiting and retention. Most companies are looking for strong employees and find the recruiting process very challenging.
Specific takeaways from the seminar included:
- Changes to FLSA regulations and the impact on your organization
- How to determine if your employees are now eligible for overtime pay
- Who qualifies as an exempt employee
- What you can do now to prepare for the December 1st deadline
- How to communicate the changes to your employees
- Current ACA developments and the impact on your organization
- What if you have under 50 employees and what if you have more than 50
- Trends in staff recruiting and what candidates are looking for