Announcement Regarding COVID-19 Virus
Dear Clients & Friends,
As the unprecedented events of this past week have unfolded, and as the environment has become more unpredictable due to COVID-19, our goal at Whitinger Strategic Services is to continue to be available and responsive to your needs, while taking all appropriate steps to minimize the health risks to you and our associates.
While the situation seems to change by the hour, we have plans, systems, and the technological infrastructure in place to ensure that you continue to receive uncompromised services. At this time, our offices in Muncie and Indianapolis remain open for business and our WSS team is working diligently on all current projects; however, we are discouraging face to face meetings and encouraging the use of alternative methods outlined below.
For your convenience and safety, we have a number of options for holding meetings virtually and even transmission of various documents as needed.
- We are still holding in-person meetings in our office and at client offices if they are preferred or necessary. Like many companies, we are evaluating each situation on an as-needed basis. This may be subject to change based on the developing environment.
- We have used Dropbox file sharing software for many years and can connect you to an account if you don’t already use one with us, so documents can be shared to and from our team securely.
- We can hold consultation sessions with you via phone conference or simple to use video conference through Go-To-Meeting. This could be particularly helpful if you are also practicing “social distancing” but would like to have people in multiple locations participate in a meeting. We would be happy to make this technology available.
Our Policies and Procedures:
- Our business procedures and information technology infrastructure allow for work-from-home capabilities. Our associates are using this resource in a limited manner at this point; however, we have the ability to significantly escalate this step if the situation merits.
- We have VPN connectivity with all the necessary security measures in place.
- We have restricted access to our offices to Whitinger personnel and clients only. We enjoy hosting various community groups in our offices; however, we will be suspending this activity for the foreseeable future.
- We have discontinued all large gatherings for the next 30 days
- We are closely monitoring recommendations and guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as our local health departments in the communities we serve.
We encourage our team members, clients and community to follow best practices for reducing the possible spread of the virus, including:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds frequently
- Dry hands with paper towels instead of cloth towels
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice “social distancing” when and where you can
- Stay home if sick or showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or the common flu
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing with disposable tissues and then wash hands
- Closely monitor and adapt recommendations and guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and our local health officials.
In moments like these, when your family, business, and personal planning are uncertain, we are here to help you sort through the implications and provide solutions where necessary. Please know the wellness and safety of our team, our clients, and the community continues to be our top priority. We appreciate your loyalty and trust as a valued customer.
Like you, we will be doing our best to stay as healthy and positive as we can. Please reach out to us with your questions or for additional information. Our account management team will be reaching out to you to learn how we can best serve your needs during this time.